Recipe by Linda's Kitchen
I got this recipe from a friend at work and everytime I make them I get lot's of compliments, Thanks Mary! This recipe is easy to adapt to whatever your favorite beans are. I would recommend always using 1 can of pork and beans though.
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans (I like Bush's Homestyle)
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Fry onion in bacon grease. Add the brown sugar and vinegar.
- In a baking dish mix together all the beans. Pour the onion mixture over the beans and stir well. Crumble the reserved bacon over the beans and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.