Recipe by DDW
This is a sweet treat that is super easy to make and yummy for kids and parents too. A fun way to get a little more fruit in your diet and use up those bananas that are going to get too ripe! I found this recipe in a Family Fun magazine and we love it.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy and fairly healthy. These can also be made on a campfire or grill. I used bananas that were yellow and firm, no black spots at all, and would probably use riper bananas next time. Mine weren't as sweet as I thought they should have been, nor were they cooked in 10 minutes. I ended up removing the skins and nuking in the microwave to soften them up a bit. Still tasty, though! I love a healthier kid-friendly recipe! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 unpeeled bananas
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons honey
- frozen yogurt (we always use vanilla) or ice cream (we always use vanilla)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using a sharp knife, slit an unpeeled banana (on inside curved side) down it's length with out cutting all the way through the other side.
- Top the fruit inside with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar.
- Dab with dots of butter.
- Then drizzle 1 T of honey down the middle of banana.
- Wrap individually in heavy duty foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Scoop fruit into individual serving dishes and pouring any extra "juice" in packet over top.
- Top with your favorite frozen yogurt or ice cream.