Recipe by Jessi Garcia
This is a pretty good recipe. This is not for the sweet lovers. It is a nice little something with coffee or tea and if you like bananas it is perfect! The girls in my office loved them!
Top Review by Mamascookin
Definitely not a doughnut but very tasty, these are a cross between banana bread and an old fashion doughnut. I ran out of all-purpose flour so I substituted the rest with whole grain, used splenda brown sugar mix & followed the rest of the recipe as stated. The dough seemed a bit thick which was hard to get into my piping bag other than that they baked up into perfect "bagel/doughnut" shapes. My 7 year old says "yummy!"
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl or in food processor, beat bananas, egg whites, oil and sugars.
- Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet and use a thin spatula to shape and make center hole.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 6-10 minutes until top is golden.