Recipe by periwinklejenn
A yummy recipe, perfect for the season. From the NY Times Dining & Wine section.
Top Review by Debber
Oh YUM!!! These are SO good! I buttered the pan before baking, but otherwise followed as is, except I used Raspberry Jam (we have our own patch and therefore LOTS of jam!). Highly recommended, and the PERFECT autumn recipe! *PAC Autumn 09*
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons blackberry jam
- creme fraiche (optional) or sour cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place apples in baking dish.
- Stuff each apple with ½ tablespoon butter and then 1 tablespoon jam.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until apples are very tender and glazed, about 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature, with crème fraîche or sour cream, if desired.