Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy & yummy recipe. I was making baked apples for dinner last evening,My DH was helping he suggested using cranberry sauce, instead of our usual way of making them.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- (Can be baked in Microwave).
- Core apples and peel back the top to prevent spliting.
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Put cranberry sauce inside and on top apples.
- Add juice (I used cranberry juice).
- Bake 45 minutes or untill apples are tender.
I'm looking for a simple baked apple recipe without sugar and this cranberry one looks good. I can make my own cranberry juice and sauce from fresh cranberries. I'm going to actually try it in my small slowcooker, as I've baked potatoes in it with great success. I'll update my review soon, when I actually try this. Probably tomorrow cuz it'll be Sunday and I have time to experiment.
The contrast of the sweet apples & the tart cranberry was wonderful! I cooked 2 Crispin apples with some leftover Cranberry Orange Sauce (#61619) from my freezer & apple juice. Since most cans of cranberry sauce are 14 oz, I do think that the amount for 4 apples is overstated. Thanx Barb!