Top Review by riffraff
I halved this recipe and it worded very well. I poked holes in the cavity so the maple/butter flavor could sink in. Very tasty and simple. I liked that I did not have to fuss over it.
- 2 acorn squash, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split the squash into thirds and remove the seeds.
- Cut a slice off the bottom of each piece so that it sits evenly, skin-side down, in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- In the hollow of each piece, place 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Bake in the heated oven until fork tender, about 45 minutes.