- 2 small acorn squash, halved and seeded (1 1/2 lbs. total)
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place squash cut-side down in a baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- While squash is baking, combine apples, celery, onion, margarine and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Turn squash cut-sides up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide apple mixture to fill cavities of the squash.
- Bake stuffed squash halves, covered with foil, 30 minutes or more.
- Serve hot.