Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Squash stuffed with chopped pecans, melted butter, brown sugar, and more. Could easily be done in the oven.
- 2 acorn squash
- 2⁄3 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coursely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds.
- Combineremaining ingredients, and spoon into squash halves, place squash halves in slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until squash is tender.
DELICIOUS! Tagged for PRMR; due June 10th. Sorry my review and photo is very late! When I tagged the recipe I didn't realize it was supposed to be a crock pot recipe. My acorn squash was very large and would not fit into my crock pot without stacking. I used orange juice concentrate, cut the butter in half, and baked the stuffed squash halves at 350F for 40 minutes. The brown sugar was just enough to candy the pecans! I really liked the freshly grated nutmeg with the orange and pecans.