Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
Koskera (or Koxkera) is applied to dishes cooked in the style of San Sebastian, the Basque gastronomic capital. Typically this dish is prepared with hake. From Saveur #89, Dec. 2005. No attribution. Prep time includes 10 minutes to cook the eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 24 ounces skinless cod fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 11 -12 ounces white asparagus, jar liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only chopped
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked peeled and halved
- 1Using 1/2 cup of the flour, dredge fish, shaking off excess.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cooking until garlic begins to color, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add fish, cook for another 2 minutes, turn filets over.
- 4Add clams, cover and cook until shells open, 8-10 minutes.
- 5Discard any clams that didn't open.
- 6Transfer cod and clams to a dish and set aside.
- 7Return skillet with juices to medium heat.
- 8Add reserved asparagus liquid and wine to skillet, bring to a simmer.
- 9Whisk in remaining flour, simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 10Stir in 1 tsp of the parsley.
- 11Return clams and cod to skillet, add asparagus spears and cook until all are heated through, 4-5 minutes.
- 12Divide sauce between 4 plates. Arrange 1 piece of fish, evenly divide clams and asparagus between plates.
- 13Place one egg portion on each plate. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakailao Kaskera Cod in White Sauce With Clams White Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 199.1 mg
- Sodium 164.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 44.8 g