Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a local Newspaper. Prep time does not include chill time.
Make and share this Baja Shrimp Dip in a Breadbowl recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, chopped fine enough for each bite to include shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup coarsley chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded fresh cabbage
- 1 lb round sourdough loaf
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions and garlic, reduce heat to low and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and continue to saute for 1 more minute.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix gently until well blended.
- Fold in the cabbage.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice top off of bread loaf.
- Pull bread out from inside of bowl leaving 1/2 inch shell.
- Reserve bread.
- Spoon chilled dip into bread bowl.
- Serve with reserved pieces of bread or tortilla chips.