Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Here's one of my favorites. If you like chocolate truffles and you like Bailey's Irish cream, you'll enjoy this mix making the best of both worlds combined.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- Melt chocolates with butter until chocolates are soft enough to stir smooth. Do not overheat. Add chocolate and butter mixture to powdered sugar and Baileys. Stir until smooth, add nuts and mix well. Place fudge in an 8 x 8 pan, oiled. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top and gently press to smooth fudge.
- Truffle Topping:.
- Melt chocolates until soft. Remove from heat. With a fork, beat in butter and Baileys until smooth. Spread topping over fudge with knife. If a very smooth top is desired, place plastic wrap over top as in above.
- Refrigerate until firm; 1-2 hours. Can be frozen.
I have tried to make this several times and every time it seizes up when I stir the melted butter in. What am I doing wrong?