Recipe by Alesha Ann
A great combination of chocolate! I have tried several trifles and the ones made with brownies, rather than cake, are more delicious in my opinion. The brownie is much denser than the cake, so it's not so mushy. This can be made without the Bailey's & it is equally divine. You can also use different flavors for the pudding. I have tried regular chocolate & vanilla too. Enjoy!
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk (divided, I use skim for that's usually what I have on hand)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package english toffee (reserving 1 Tablespoon for garnish) or 1 (8 ounce) package Heath candy bars, bits (reserving 1 Tablespoon for garnish)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the back of the box for the 9x13 inch pan using the above oil and eggs, substituting 1/4 cup of milk for the 1/4 cup of water and adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Bake and cool as directed.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed using the above 2 cups of milk.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut them into small 1 inch squares.
- Place 1/2 of the brownie squares in the bottom of a large trifle dish or glass bowl. Press them down slightly to flatten.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Bailey's over the brownies, pouring slowly to cover all the brownies.
- Pour half of the pudding on the brownies, spreading evenly out to the edges and topping with half of the toffee bits.
- Spread enough cool whip to cover the toffee/pudding layer using more or less depending on your liking of cool whip. Evenly spread out that layer too.
- Repeat with remaining brownies (gently pressing down again), Bailey's, pudding, toffee bits & cool whip.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 Tablespoon of toffee bits.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Best when made the night before, then all the flavors have a chance to sit and meld together.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining trifle, if there is any left!