This is an unusual presentation for an unusual drink. Be careful--it's very strong. If, like me, you dislike gin, the recipe will also work with rum. From the Barbecue Bible. Make sure when you get the coconuts that you shake them to hear the water slosh around inside. Time listed does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a screwdriver (or awl) and a hammer, poke through the eyes of the coconuts, and drain out the liquid through a strainer into a mixing bowl. There should be a total of about 2 cups. Set the shells aside.
- 2Add the evaporated milk, gin, sugar if using, cinnamon and nutmeg to the coconut water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- 3Refrigerate the mixture until cold, at least 2 hours, or cool mixture down with ice.
- 4To serve, carefully pour the mixture through a funnel into the reserved coconut shells. Insert straws.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bahamian Sky Juice
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1639.1
- Calories from Fat 1240
- Total Fat 137.8 g
- Saturated Fat 120.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.1 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g