Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 medium onions
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel each onion and carefully cut into quarters, but make sure that the bases are still intact.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the butter, herbs, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Open up each onion (like a flower) and stuff each with one quarter of the butter mixture.
- Wrap each onion in heavy duty aluminum foil, sealing well, then place amongst the coals for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Serve hot.