Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My cousin gave this recipe to me in a cookbook she made for my wedding gift. When I got married I didn't know how to cook anything but this is super easy to make and my husband still loves it! I leave out the chives because my husband doesn't like them. And I also use more black pepper than the recipe calls for. I like more in the sauce mixture & more on top of the chicken. Sometimes I have to use more than one slice of bacon to wrap the chicken if it's big.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces sliced cream cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- 4 -8 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- CHICKEN: Pound the chicken breasts until flat.
- Put a slice of cream cheese and a few chopped chives in the middle of each and roll up.
- Wrap Each breast with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- SAUCE: Combine the soup, Mayo, Milk, lemon juice, pepper, and salt(to taste).
- Mix all together until smooth.
- Place wrapped chicken breast pieces in a 9 x 13 baking dish (or glass pie pan if making half the recipe) and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Bake at 325 for one hour or until chicken is done.
This is the best chicken I have ever made!!! AWESOME!!! This will be a staple at our house from now on. My family absolutely loved it! Made exactly as shown except I used Miracle Whip instead of mayo, and chopped McCormick chives instead of fresh. If I could give this recipe 10 stars I would.
I saved this recipe last week thinking my four-year old niece would like it. She loves bacon and likes chicken, soup, cheese...I figured it'd be a great recipe! Well, she helped me make it today and I even caught her sneaking the cream cheese into her mouth when she thought I wasn't looking, lol. Unfortunately, the idea of having a picky kid help cook because they'll be sure to eat what they make themselves didn't come true, but the three adults loved the results so I think that merits a five star. I didn't have chives or cream of chicken soup, so I used cilantro and cream of celery, but it was still yummy...wish I'd made enough for leftovers!
You're right, this was easy to make. It's really good with some garlic mashed potatoes and a fresh salad. The sauce is very creamy and very good when you add extra pepper.