Recipe by Lynsey Beth
My cousin gave this recipe to me in a cookbook she made for my wedding gift. When I got married I didn't know how to cook anything but this is super easy to make and my husband still loves it! I leave out the chives because my husband doesn't like them. And I also use more black pepper than the recipe calls for. I like more in the sauce mixture & more on top of the chicken. Sometimes I have to use more than one slice of bacon to wrap the chicken if it's big.
Top Review by dragrace
This is the best chicken I have ever made!!! AWESOME!!! This will be a staple at our house from now on. My family absolutely loved it! Made exactly as shown except I used Miracle Whip instead of mayo, and chopped McCormick chives instead of fresh. If I could give this recipe 10 stars I would.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces sliced cream cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- 4 -8 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- CHICKEN: Pound the chicken breasts until flat.
- Put a slice of cream cheese and a few chopped chives in the middle of each and roll up.
- Wrap Each breast with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- SAUCE: Combine the soup, Mayo, Milk, lemon juice, pepper, and salt(to taste).
- Mix all together until smooth.
- Place wrapped chicken breast pieces in a 9 x 13 baking dish (or glass pie pan if making half the recipe) and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Bake at 325 for one hour or until chicken is done.