Recipe by Tish
A fusion recipe of some of our favorite recipes!
Top Review by JanelleWard
I have made this many times. I substitute the parm cheese for a mexican blend my family loves it. I don't always use the pesto either, depends on the day. Fresh green beans work just as good as the asparagus too.
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Pound out of the chicken to approximately 1/2" thickness.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Cut asparagus to approx size of chicken roll (so that the asparagus will not peep out too much from the end).
- Place olive oil and Italian seasoning in a shallow pan or ziplock bag and toss asparagus until coated well.
- Place 3 asparagus spears and top with parmesan cheese.
- Roll chicken around asparagus and wrap each roll with a bacon strip (2 if necessary to get good coverage).
- Place, seam side down, in lined pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is crisped.