A fusion recipe of some of our favorite recipes!
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Pound out of the chicken to approximately 1/2" thickness.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Cut asparagus to approx size of chicken roll (so that the asparagus will not peep out too much from the end).
- Place olive oil and Italian seasoning in a shallow pan or ziplock bag and toss asparagus until coated well.
- Place 3 asparagus spears and top with parmesan cheese.
- Roll chicken around asparagus and wrap each roll with a bacon strip (2 if necessary to get good coverage).
- Place, seam side down, in lined pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is crisped.
A SUCCESS!!! Since there was just hubby and I, we froze the other 2 for another dinner. I don't know yet how well the asparagus will do freezing, but if it works, next time, I'll probably double the recipe to freeze. Also rubbed the chicken on both sides. Used a homemade pesto as we had plenty of fresh basil from the garden. GREAT recipe, will definately make again.
I substituted 1/2 of the Parmesan for Romano. Screw using the oven to cook these. I indirect grilled at 350 for 40 min (with apple wood smoke) then kicked it up to 400 for the last 20 min to get the bacon real crispy. A total winner of a dish. Family loved it!
These were just ok. I'm not quite sure what was missing but they were pretty bland. Not a keeper but I'm glad I gave it a try.