Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals television show on Food Network. It also includes green beans and smashed potatoes to serve with this main dish meal.
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 4 -5 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, halved
- 1 lb thin green beans
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (leaves from)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast.
- Loosen up the incision with your fingers to make a hole.
- Season the chicken with pepper.
- Combine the cheese with arugula and baby spinach and stuff the breasts. Spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to 22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, season water with salt and cook potatoes 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Bring 1-inch water to a boil.
- Trim beans.
- Salt water and add beans to water.
- Simmer 5 minutes, drain and combine with tomatoes, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes back in the hot pot after draining.
- Coat the potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, the scallions, chicken stock and salt and pepper.
- Toss for 1 minute.
- Serve chicken with green beans and potatoes alongside.