This recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals television show on Food Network. It also includes green beans and smashed potatoes to serve with this main dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 4 -5 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 1/2 cup arugula leaf, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, halved
- 1 lb thin green beans
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (leaves from)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast.
- 3Loosen up the incision with your fingers to make a hole.
- 4Season the chicken with pepper.
- 5Combine the cheese with arugula and baby spinach and stuff the breasts. Spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to 22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
- 6Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- 7Bring to a boil, season water with salt and cook potatoes 15 minutes, or until tender.
- 8Bring 1-inch water to a boil.
- 9Trim beans.
- 10Salt water and add beans to water.
- 11Simmer 5 minutes, drain and combine with tomatoes, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
- 12Place the potatoes back in the hot pot after draining.
- 13Coat the potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, the scallions, chicken stock and salt and pepper.
- 14Toss for 1 minute.
- 15Serve chicken with green beans and potatoes alongside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.3
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 635.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts
fresh thyme sprigs