Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Next time you need and easy appetizer,this is it.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half lenthwise
- Combine soy sauce and sugar.
- Marinate chestnuts in mixture for 30 minutes.
- Wrap bacon slice around each chesnut; fasten with toothpick.
- Place on rack in shallow pan or broiler.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot.
So simple. So easy. Sooooooo good. And so addicting that you find yourself scalding the heck out of your mouth as you try and eat them straight from the oven. Thanks for the recipe!
Awesome! I do however add a little Sambal Olek (pepper sauce) to the marinate for a little kick!
you can add canned smoked oysters, too, with the water chestnut - used to be called rumaki in the 60s