This sandwich is a popular Panera Bread sandwich. It has a great spicy dressing and is served on their fabulous tomato basil bread, but it's also delicious on any hearty bread. My son works for Panera Bread and this is his favorite menu item. This recipe is typical of a California style gourmet sandwich, and represents the Western U.S. region.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 slices tomato basil bread (or other hearty favorite)
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 3 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick)
- 4 ounces smoked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 1 slice smoked gouda cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- This makes 1 3/4 cups, and will keep a long time in the fridge.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the dressing on one of the bread slices (we put it on both sides).
- On top of one slice of bread, layer lettuce, tomato, turkey, Gouda, and bacon.
- Top with the second slice of bread and serve.