Recipe by PanNan
This sandwich is a popular Panera Bread sandwich. It has a great spicy dressing and is served on their fabulous tomato basil bread, but it's also delicious on any hearty bread. My son works for Panera Bread and this is his favorite menu item. This recipe is typical of a California style gourmet sandwich, and represents the Western U.S. region.
Top Review by Potluck
Ive never eatten at a Panera but if their sandwiches are anything like this one,they should stay in business for a long time. I made recipe #314197 Tomato basil bread to go with this sandwich. It is now our favorite turkey sandwich..I used Thanksgiving day turkey,sliced thin,otherwise followed recipe..The flavor of this on the bread was outstanding. Will for sure make this again..Thank U for this recipe,try making the tomato basil bread,its easy and makes a great sandwich...
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 slices tomato basil bread (or other hearty favorite)
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 3 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick)
- 4 ounces smoked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 1 slice smoked gouda cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- This makes 1 3/4 cups, and will keep a long time in the fridge.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the dressing on one of the bread slices (we put it on both sides).
- On top of one slice of bread, layer lettuce, tomato, turkey, Gouda, and bacon.
- Top with the second slice of bread and serve.