- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 300 g spaghetti (a little over 1/2 lb.)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- additional grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frypan cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp (30 mL) drippings.
- Set bacon aside.
- Combine drippings and butter; set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain; return to saucepan.
- Add butter mixture, eggs, cheese and parsley tossing to combine.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes and bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese.