Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pasta with bacon and tomatoes
Make and share this Bacon & Tomato Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- In large frypan cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp (30 mL) drippings.
- Set bacon aside.
- Combine drippings and butter; set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain; return to saucepan.
- Add butter mixture, eggs, cheese and parsley tossing to combine.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes and bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese.
This was sooooooo good, and probably so bad for you ;-) I made half the recipe just for me...and added some garlic. Thanks!
I found this a little bland, and my kids didn't really care for it either. It's also missing the step where you add the bacon back in, so I assumed it should be with the tomatoes. Also, this made enough for myself and two children with plenty left over for tomorrow. In other words, it made more than 2 servings, more like 4 or 5. If I had served a little salad and fruit with it, it would probably have been 6 servings easily (which also brings it down to a much more reasonable 480 calories per serving).
Picked by my 11yr old to make tonight when it was just he and I home. ( it was his suggestion to come to Zaar looking for something to make for supper) We both really enjoyed it and he told me we will have to make it again when the whole family is at home.