Recipe by Anna Haines
This recipe will add a kick to your regular grilled cheese! You are sure to love it!
Top Review by Psalm AKA Typo Qween
Great sandwich. I do not like onion so did not add it, but rest kept as is. i didn't think the sour cream would work, but it did. It reminded me of a BLT in many ways. I would make it again :)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked (or bacon bits)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- For each sandwich top one slice of bread with one slice of mozzarella cheese, a fourth of tomato slices, 2 bacon strips (or a handful of bacon bits).
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese.
- Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- On a hot griddle over medium heat, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.