Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH is the breakfast maker in this house and this is one of his specialties. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 6 slices bacon
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in large skillet;remove reserving 1 tbsp drippings in skillet; break bacon into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and mustard; blend well.
- Heat reserved bacon drippings over low heat; add tomato and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tomato is warm Stir in bacon.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook over low heat 4 minutes; as edges set run spatula around edge of skillet and left egg mixture to allow uncooked egg to flow to bottom of skillet Cover; cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until top is set but still moist.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover tightly; remove from heat; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted cut into wedges to serve.
Great Recipe! Made this with left over steak instead of bacon and it was delicious. I'm sure Bacon would be great as well.
Very flavorful!!! Prepared as directed, except I finished it off in the oven.