Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Bacon, Sweetcorn, and Sweet Potato Chowder
- 230 g ham
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion
- 300 g sweet potatoes
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 450 ml milk
- 200 g sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Trim any excess fat from the gammon. Cut it into cubes. Heat 1tsp oil in a large pan and fry the gammon until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and cook the onion until soft and golden. Add the sweet potatoes and stir for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the milk and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and gammon, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp water and stir inches Simmer for 2 minutes. Add half the parsley. Serve with bread, sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.