Recipe by Chef Pisces
Fresh Herbs + Bacon = My favorite combination for a stuffing. The addition of a fresh, high-quality Sourdough (Potato-Rosemary) Bread creates a total taste sensation!
- 2 cups fresh sage
- 2 cups fresh dill
- 2 white onions
- 32 ounces trader joe's turkey stock or 32 ounces any chicken stock
- 5 slices fresh bacon
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 loaves fresh kroger potato-rosemary sourdough bread
- fresh pan juices, from a just-roasted turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the fresh Sage and fresh Dill in a colander, dry, then separate the leaves from the stems.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon till golden then remove to paper towels, preserving the drippings in the skillet.
- In the bacon drippings, saute the onions till they are translucent (glassy), then add in the Sage and Dill, on a low heat (fresh herbs burn quickly).
- Add in enough Turkey stock to simmer the onion/herb mixture to bring out the flavor of the herbs. Some of the turkey stock will evaporate, but simmer this mixture 15 minutes, then carefully pour in the Pan Juices from the roasting pan the Turkey was cooking inches In the same skillet, mix in the onion powder and pepper and let that all simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into super small bite size pieces and then, using a serrated knife, cut the crusts off from the Sourdough Bread and cut into cubes. Back to the skillet, add more Stock if necessary to keep everything moist, then add in the Sourdough cubes and crumbled bacon. Mix well, then keep simmering until the Turkey stock cooks down.