Recipe by Kath in CA
If you love bacon and potatoes and cheese, this is an easy recipe that tastes good cold, too. I don't know if I read how to do this or made it up from leftovers, but I've taken it in a plastic bag to work, left it on the dashboard, and it is a hot meal! The prep time is for baking the potato, which may vary.
- 1 large potato, baked
- 2 -4 pieces bacon, cut in half
- 1 -4 ounce cheese (cheddar or whatever you like)
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potato and cut into 1/2" rounds.
- Fry bacon on one side briefly, turn, and set potato rounds on top of each piece of bacon.
- Wrap the bacon over the top and cover with cheese.
- Press onions on top to seal the bacon cheese topping.
- Cook until bacon is crisp on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if desired.