Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Bacon 'n' Egg Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- Place the tortillas in the oven in two stacks; heat to 200°. In a bowl, mash the avocados with the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, in a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Leave about 2 tablespoons bacon fat in the skillet, reserving the rest of the fat. Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Working in 2 batches, in the skillet, cook the eggs over easy; transfer to a platter. Reserve the skillet.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with beans, 1 egg and bacon strips, then fold to enclose.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat over medium heat, add 4 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with more bacon fat and the remaining quesadillas; serve with the avocado mash.
Loved this recipe. Enjoyed the combination of avocado with bacon/eggs with lemon juice & black beans. I added some red onions, green peppers & finely chopped jalapenos & banana peppers. Sprinkled with come chili pepper for more flavour. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
This is one of my fave quesadilla recipes. I added diced scallions for a little extra flavor. Scrambling the eggs works very well, too.