1/1 Photo of Bacon Lovers Burger
I got the basic recipe from a friend and jazzed it up a bit. His recipe called for Bacon Bits and I used real bacon, baked in the oven. One of the best burgers I have made. I recommend baking the bacon in th oven instead of pan frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Bacon: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and parchment paper (this saves on clean up time).
- 3Place all the bacon on the cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Check the bacon; you might have to bake it for about 5 minutes more.
- 4Take bacon out of the oven (leave the oven on; but turn it down to 350 degrees) and let cool on a paper towel covered plate. When cool enough to handle, chop 6 slices of the bacon into small bits. There should be 2 to 3 extra slices put aside for topping the burger.
- 5For the Burgers: In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped bacon, and sea salt. Divide into 3 patties.
- 6Sear the patties on the stove top; 3 minutes for the first side on medium-high heat. Then turn the heat down to medium and sear the second side for about two and half minutes.
- 7Then, put the seared burgers on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and parchment paper and pop into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8After 15 to 20 minutes take the purger out of the oven. Place on a plate covered with paper towels and let drain for a minute or two.
- 9Put on toasted bread, buns, or whatever you like to eat a burger on and top with you favorite condiments. Don't forget the 2 to 3 slices of bacon tha twas put aside.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Lovers Burger
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.2
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.4 mg
- Sodium 955.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 39.6 g