Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These easy koftas are good for barbeques and summer parties and served with lots of salad. In fact, try my Indian Sprouted Lentil Salad (#131211)! For this dish, you'll need 8 previously soaked wooden or bamboo skewers.
- 8 ounces lean good-quality coarsely-chopped bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1 egg white
- ground black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- lemon rind (to garnish)
- fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
- Place the bacon in a food processor with the bread crumbs, scallions, parsley, lemon rind, egg white and pepper; Process the mixture until it is finely chopped and begins to bind together; Alternatively, use a chopper.
- Divide the bacon mixture into eight even-size pieces and shape into long ovals around the eight previously soaked wooden or bamboo skewers.
- Sprinkle the koftas with paprika and cook under a hot broiler or on a barbeque for about 8-10 minutes, turning them occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon rind and parsley leawves, then serve hot with lemon rice and salad.