Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book, Caramel Knowledge
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces and fry until crisp.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the oil a little at a time, until all is absorbed.
- Stir in the honey and the vinegar.
- Wash the spinach and remove the tough stems.
- Tear the spinach and the lettuce and put in the serving bowl.
- Add the drained bacon to the dressing and warm it gently, stirring.
- Pour over the greens and toss.