- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 3 -4 tablespoons browned & crumbled bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into large bowl.
- Gently stir in parsley and pepper.
- Beat eggs in measuring cup; add enough milk to make 1/2-cup liquid.
- Add egg mixture and bacon grease to dry ingredients. Stir with fork just until blended (if dough seems too dry, add a little more milk).
- Add crumbled bacon and stir until combined.
- To cook, drop spoonfuls onto simmering broth, soup or stew.
- Cover and cook until done, about 12 minutes.