When DH received Steven Raichlen's 'How To Grill Barbecue Bible' cookbook as a gift, this was the first thing he made. So simple, yet an elegant appetizer. The flavors are to die for! (you'll want to soak the skewers for about an hour, so plan a little ahead)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak skewers in cold water for 1 hour.
- 3Rinse shrimp in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Take a shrimp, hold it in a stretched-out position with one hand.
- 5Start at the tail end and insert a bamboo skewer into the shrimp so that it runs the full length, unbending the shrimp with your fingers as you go.
- 6Place a basil leaf on the back (the formerly rounded part) of the shrimp.
- 7Wrap with a slice of bacon, spiral fashion, starting at the top and turning the skewer to wind it on.
- 8Tuck in the bottom end to secure the bacon on the shrimp.
- 9Repeat this process with the remaining shrimp.
- 10Preheat grill to high.
- 11When ready to cook, arrange the shrimp on the hot grate, placing a folded sheet of aluminum foil under the exposed portion of the skewers to keep them from burning.
- 12Grill until bacon is nicely browned and shrimp are cooked through (4 to 8 minutes) turning several times to ensure even cooking.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Basil Shrimp on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 230.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g