Recipe by looneytunesfan
These hand-held breakfast bundles are quick to make and fun to take when you're on the go. The tortillas are dipped in beaten eggs, then cooked to give them color and flavor. I set our a variety of filling ingredients and toppings and let everyone assemble their own.
Top Review by The Spice Guru
These rock! I would call them a breakfast burrito, but they're even better than that. I used both ranch dressing AND salsa! I will make these again soon -- I'm bummed we ate them all before I could get a photo! Next time! Thanks, Dear!
- 4 eggs
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salsa (optional) or ranch salad dressing (optional) or sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip one tortilla in eggs.
- In a large skillet, cook tortilla in oil just until egg sets; turn to cook other side.
- Remove and place between paper towels to drain; keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- Place cheese, avocado, onions and bacon down the center of tortillas; top with salsa, salad dressing or sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling.
- If desired, filled burritos may be warmed in the microwave just before serving.