Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is good for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Make and share this Bacon and Egg Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- Place tortillas in the oven in two stacks, heat to 200 degrees F.
- Working in batches, in a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Leave about 2 T bacon fat in the skillet, reserving the rest of the fat.
- Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Working in 2 batches, in the skillet, cook the eggs over easy; transfer to a platter.
- Reserve the skillet.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese, top with beans, 1 egg and bacon strips; then fold to enclose.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 T reserved bacon fat over medium heat, add4 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with more bacon fat and the remaining quesadillas.
WOW - this is one of those recipes that is much better than the sum of its parts. Delicious! I was tempted to make scrambled eggs but am glad I didn't because the softer egg really makes these extra good. A truly perfect combo; we struggled to come up with any suggestions - possibly substituting pepper jack cheese, and making sure the beans are layered all between cheese so they don't fall out of the quesadillas when you take a bite. YUM!