Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was given to me from a friend at school, and they were a big hit! Try really hard not to open the oven a bunch of times or the cookies will be very flat. These go very nicely with a cup of ice cold chocolate milk! :)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temp) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips (you can also sub with walnuts) (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF.
- With an electrical mixer, blend sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs in a large glass bowl.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until nicely blended.
- Stir in vanilla chips with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a cookie rack and enjoy!
These are some GREAT cookies! I was looking for a cookie to put some Reeces Pieces that I had left over and these worked great. I added 1/8 cup flax seed for health and I halved the recipe. Cooked them for 10min and they turned out perfect! Thank you.
You'd think a chocolate cookie to put white chocolate chips in (it is also good with other flavor chips in it) would be an easy recipe to find. Not so! It took me forever to find this recipe, and I was so glad when I did. A nice chewy cookie with some body, not too flat and not soggy or too crunchy. It hit the spot!