Recipe by Little Italy
This was given to me from a friend at school, and they were a big hit! Try really hard not to open the oven a bunch of times or the cookies will be very flat. These go very nicely with a cup of ice cold chocolate milk! :)
Top Review by metcalf.lisa
These are some GREAT cookies! I was looking for a cookie to put some Reeces Pieces that I had left over and these worked great. I added 1/8 cup flax seed for health and I halved the recipe. Cooked them for 10min and they turned out perfect! Thank you.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temp) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips (you can also sub with walnuts) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF.
- With an electrical mixer, blend sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs in a large glass bowl.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until nicely blended.
- Stir in vanilla chips with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a cookie rack and enjoy!