This makes a large casserole but can be halved. I get this ready on Christmas Eve every year so that on Christmas morning I can just throw it in the oven for brunch once we've finished having coffee and opening our presents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon or 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (32 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
- 2/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (any other spices you like, onion powder, dill or even steak seasoning, etc..)
- 1If using bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cook until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- 3In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and seasonings. Stir in the bacon (or ham), hash browns, green onions, and 1.5 cups of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until egg is set.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top, and then broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- 6Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babzy's Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.6
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 350.6 mg
- Sodium 1517.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g