Recipe by thepurpleturtle
This makes a large casserole but can be halved. I get this ready on Christmas Eve every year so that on Christmas morning I can just throw it in the oven for brunch once we've finished having coffee and opening our presents.
Top Review by Jacobsclan53
I am not a huge fan of breakfast casseroles, but this one is awesome. I bring it to potlucks and now serve it for our Christmas Eve breakfast. I even make this for dinner as well! So good!
- 1 lb bacon or 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 10 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (32 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (any other spices you like, onion powder, dill or even steak seasoning, etc..)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cook until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and seasonings. Stir in the bacon (or ham), hash browns, green onions, and 1.5 cups of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until egg is set.
- Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top, and then broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.