Friends from work used to hire me to make this salsa for work functions as I always used fresh ingredients from my garden, it is so fresh & healthy I hope you enjoy it! Sadly the bunnies & squirrels have discovered my garden site & I no longer have one... Fresh from the garden is best! This recipe will feed a crowd, it has just enough kick and lovely flavor from the habeneros so add at least one if you're a bit chicken. I often use some of the salsa in omelets the next day - or add to tacos, etc. It will only last a few days as other than salt there are no preservatives so make it the day you plan to eat it for best results.
- Dice tomatoes by hand (food processor pretty much liquefies them so it's best to dice by hand),
- chop onion into small bits unless you prefer smaller,
- then throw into food processor with garlic & peppers & pulse until desired texture.
- Thoroughly wash, drain & chop cilantro, add all to a large serving bowl.
- Squeeze the limes over everything (don't forget the salt as it completes & enhances the flavor), mix well & enjoy with Mission tortilla chips (those are best unless you have home made).
This is a terrific salsa! I scaled it down to 1/3 of the recipe since there are only 2 of us eating it, but I used a whole habanero because we love them! This had a nice kick but was not overly spicy, and I enjoyed the tartness that the lime and tomatillos gave. Easy-to-make restaurant-quality salsa - thanks for sharing your recipe!
the stars say it all!!! 5 star at this house !! Everybody loves it. with almost everything!!!