Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet; the recipe is from Costco. It sounds pretty good. It's listed as an appetizer, but I'd think it would probably be a nice, light lunch for two, as well. Times are estimated.
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 -8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 1/2-inch slices
- 1 roma tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- Put vinegar into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until reduced to 1/2 the original volume. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush mushroom caps with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill 2-3 minutes per side or until tender.
- Remove mushrooms from grill. Top with a slice of mozzarella, then place a slice of tomato over the cheese. Place a leaf of basil on top of tomato and sprinkle with pine nuts. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar glaze.