Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's another lovely dish from Costco Connection magazine. I think this salad would be a nice starter for Thanksgiving.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pecans (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups baby mixed greens
- 1 apple pear (cored and thinly sliced into wedges)
- 1⁄3 cup pomegranate seeds (or dried cranberries)
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- In a salad bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, pecans, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well blended.
- Add the greens and toss to coat with the dressing. Divide the salad among
- 4 plates Top with apple pear slices and sprinkle on the feta and the pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
Great little lunch salad! I reduced it for a portion of one. I used pecans in place of the walnuts and I was not sure what an apple pear was so I used 1/2 pear and 1/2 apple (DH got the rest as fruit salad for his lunch). I also added a wee bit more feta. I LOVE the feta/nut combo -- it's just perfect!!! Oh and I also used the dried cranberries and baby spinach (because lately I can't get enough spinach)! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010! :)