Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Edamame and shitake mushrooms are two very common Japanese cooking. Edamame (pronounced ed-ah-MAH-may) are little green gems - packed with protein and loads of nutrients. Including Shitake mushrooms in this puree is a great way to introduce your baby to the distinctive taste of umami.
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces shelled edamame
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a stock pot. Add edamame and cook for 4 minutes. Drain edamame in a colander and place them in a blender or food processor. In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat, add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and ¾ cup of water to the edamame in the blender. Process until the mixture is a smooth puree. If needed, add additional water.
- Spoon the puree into your So Easy Baby Food Trays, cover and freeze until ready to use. Serve as a vegetable dish for your baby's meal with mashed brown rice, meats or fish.