Baby Back Ribs With Spiced Apple-Cider Mop
- Make the mop: in a small pan, combine the apple cider, shallots, and jalapeno; bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat until about 1 cup liquid remains, 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the remaining mop ingredients, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat.
- Let ribs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, rib side down, over indirect medium heat until the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones, 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Baste the ribs frequently with the mop throughout grilling time, but stop basting during the last 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into individual ribs; serve warm.