Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. Posted by Cherihannah on grouprecipes.com, who claims the potato dumplings instead of egg noodles are the "Old Country" way and egg noodles are the (American) Pennsylvanian way. I am still in shock over 1 1/2 cups of butter (3 sticks)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CABBAGE AND ONIONS
- 1PREPARE POTATO DUMPLINGS:.
- 2In a large bowl, add mashed potatoes, eggs and blend thoroughly.
- 3Add enough flour with a little salt to knead into a soft pliable dough that will not stick.
- 4Make into rolls and slice in about 1 inch pieces.
- 5Drop dumpling slices into boiling water and boil about 12 minutes. To test for doneness, break one open with fork after you take out of boiling water.
- 6Drain in small hole colander. (You can rinse if you prefer. I don't.).
- 7SAUTE CABBAGE AND ONIONS:.
- 8While boiling the dumplings, sautee (in large fry pan )butter, cabbage and onions until golden brown.
- 9Add drained dumplings to fry pan and fry a little longer. Mix it all well while frying but don't overdo so dumplings stay together.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Babas Authentic Polish Haluski Recipe With Potato Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 442.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g