1/1 Photo of Baba Ghanouj - Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a classic Middle Eastern appetizer. I was given two small Chinese eggplants from Uncle Bob's garden, and decided to try my hand at this recipe. I'm not much of an eggplant fan, perhaps it's the seeds, or the tough purple skin, or maybe I've just had it overcooked and mush too many times. This dip was PERFECT though. Served it as a spread on homemade falafels, and had the leftovers with pitas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant (1 medium or 2 small)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 parsley, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- 3Slice egglplant(s) in half lengthwise, and place face-down on baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until very tender.
- 5Cool until comfortable to handle.
- 6Scoop out the eggplant flesh and discard the skin.
- 7Place in food processor wth garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt and corriander.
- 8Puree until smooth.
- 9Add minced parsley and pulse to combine.
- 10Pour into bowl, check for salt, add pepper and cayenne (if using).
- 11Chill for half hour, or until ready to serve.
- 12Top with a drizzle of olive oil and some parsely.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba Ghanouj - Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: