This is another of my memories from childhood. I made these cookies back in the '50's when I was quite young. Mother gave me the cookbook where they were written inside, I was still quite young. They are your basic standard peanut butter cookie, but none of the others have these exact same ingredients, so I get to share yet another treasure from my past.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and stir well.
- Put dry ingredients into sifter and sift into batter.
- Gently, but thoroughly fold into batter.
- Roll into small balls and press with a floured fork on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes.
Barbara these pb cookies are so delicious! I had to make them to add to my cookie tins and chose this recipe as they looked just like the ones I used to make. I think it's the same recipe! They will be eaten and enjoyed this holiday season, you can bet on it!