Recipe by Lizinski
I started making this recipe when I was in junior high after I found it in a "Bed and Breakfast" cookbook. I've added my own touches throughout the years, and it always disappears at parties, even if I make a double batch!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Over the years, I've made several variations on this dip and they've all been successful. This recipe is no exception, and the first that ever called for sour cream (nice choice). My only change was to use a small red chilli in place of the cayenne, Plus I let it brown a little longer. Seven of us polished it off in no time flat. Thanks for posting.
- 453.59 g artichoke hearts, packed in water
- 226.79 g green chilies, diced
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml milk
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain artichoke hearts and place in large bowl. Mash with fork until they are in bite-size pieces. Add drained green chiles, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt and mix until well blended.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk. Mix until smooth. Add to artichoke mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and light brown on top. Serve in a sourdough bread bowl or with chips and warm bread.
- Notes: You can mix all ingredients in the blender for a smoother consistency if desired. You can make this dish a day or two ahead of time, then pop it in the oven right before guests arrive!