Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a recipe that is cooked in the crockpot and smells wonderful while cooking. A bit different than your usual pot roast. A big hit with my crowd.
- 1 boston butt
- 1 large yellow onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 (6 ounce) jarsdrained whole mushrooms
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- paul prudhomme's blackened steak seasoning
- Spread one can of your soup on the bottom of crockpot.
- Rinse off your roast and pat dry.
- Rub Blackened Steak Seasoning into the meat covering all sides and place into the crockpot. (Fat side up).
- Top with onion, mushrooms and the remaining can of soup.
- Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- When cook time is complete, drain off the juices and make a gravy on the stove top.
- Serve over steamed rice. ( I like jasmine rice).
- Gravy: Put 2 c of juices in a pot and let it come to a boil over med hi heat. In a small cup, add a 1/4 c cold water and 2 Tbs cornstarch until mixed well. Add to boiling pot and stir with whisk until thick. Remove from heat and serve over meat.
Loved this! My husband killed a wild hog and they have so little fat on them that this recipe was perfect. Used the two hams in my crock. Didn't have blackened seasoning (which is now on my list) so used Spicy Montreal Steak and Crazy Dave's Pepper & Spice. It was so tender and the gravy was great! He wants me to make this the same way every time now. Thank you so much!
Easy to make. Taste was awesome. Served over Czech bread dumplings instead of rice.