Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Souper” easy to make!" I don't remember where the basis for this recipe came from- we have been enjoying our tweaked out version for so many years. Talk about a delightful but subtle flavor combination. The secret ingredient is the cumin seeds- they add that special something!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash red pepper sauce (optional)
- Combine the above ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes and enjoy!
- This tastes best with a plate of fresh cornbread on the side.
Easy and tastes good. Perfect for a quick vegetarian meal. If I have time, I will still use the non-vegetarian, longer cooking method. But most of the time, I'll go with this recipe. Thanks Grace. This was beautiful