Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very good recipe to make especially for special celebrations. Don't make this on a day with just plain bad weather because the egg whites will not work correctly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine cake flour and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl.
- Beat until foamy on medium speed.
- Add sugar two tablespoons at a time beating at medium speed and with the last addition add the salt, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Beat on high until it becomes stiff peaked.
- Gently fold in flour and powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time.
- Put in an angel food cake pan and bake for 35 minute.
- Remove from oven and place pan upside down on a glass bottle and let become cold. (Preferrably overnight).
- Remove from pan and enjoy.
great recipe sift dry ingredients 3 times is what darlene has written
wow! great cake. served with strawberries, YUM! thanks kyle!