Recipe by rsarahl
Make a batch this holiday season... it's freezer friendly and handy for entertaining or for cozying up to the fire with a good book.
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (boosts flavor) (optional)
- grated nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- grated orange zest, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and powdered sugar until combined.
- Remove pot from the heat and add the ice cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract.
- Cover the pot for 5 minutes to allow the ice cream to soften.
- Whisk the mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into freezer proof containers, and freeze for up to two months.
- To serve: Place 1 ice cream scoop (1/4 cup) of the frozen mix in a large mug.
- Add 1 ounce of your favorite rum and fill the mug with boiling water.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a few slices of grated orange zest.