Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a somewhat unusual sandwich that avocado lovers will enjoy!
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic salt
- hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 4 pieces pita bread, halved
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Mash avocado and lemon juice in a large bowl with a fork until well blended; stir in olives, onions, celery, eggs, tomato and cheese; season with garlic salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Cover; refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Wrap pita in aluminum foil; bake until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide lettuce and avocado mixture among the pita halves.