Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From the Vegetarian Passport Cookbook, this recipe is another delicious way to add quinoa to your diet.
Top Review by Starrynews
Very nice dish, with a great presentation! The avocados at the store were a little small, so I served them up two halves per person, worked great. I used quinoa and omitted the salt. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 36
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or 1 cup amaranth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooked corn
- salt, to taste
- In a frying pan, saute the chopped onion in the olive oil on medium-low heat until the onion is translucent.
- Carefully cut the avocados in half lengthwise.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the pit and pulp, keeping the shells intact and discard the pits.
- Chop the flesh and combine with the other ingredients, including the cooked onion.
- Fill avocado halves with filling and serve.